Tuesday 30 June 2009

Knowing your personality type

Last 2 weeks I was invited by Majlis Syura Muslimun UK Eire to give a talk on Organising Your Family In A Muslim Perspective. Duh!! What do I talk about? I told the organiser I was not the best person to talk about this issue but they insisted that I would be the most suitable candidate based on my experience. Not to disappoint them, I managed to scrutinize some web pages to gather some points for my talk. Alhamdulillah it went well. I was rather relieved looking at the young naive audience of about 65 people. Hopefully they found my talk useful in some way or another. My talk was scheduled at 2.30 pm followed by my demonstration of making curry puffs. The silent lecture hall turned to be full of giggles and laughter when the boys demonstrated their dodgy curry puffs of all sorts of shapes and finishings.

In order to listen to the morning lecture by a psychologist Dr Isam Ghannam, I came early around 10 am with Cikgu Ju, Madeehah's baby sitter. Obtained some new knowledge on the different types of personality dwelled in us. In summary there are 4 types of personalities:

1. Sanguine- fun and always full of excitement
2. Melancholy- a perfectionist
3. Choleric- a born leader
4. Phlegmatic- too relax, could't be bothered

After the personality test I found myself to be 48% choleric, 30% sanguine, 15% melancholy and 8% phlegmatic. I was quite perplexed but guess that was quite true though. The web says that choleric are usually married to a melanchoy. I think they are right, I am married to a melancholy. Do you agree Mr Dentist?

So for this weekend Majlis Ilmu Wanita Birm I was invited to give a talk on any topics, guess this would be quite an interesting topic to cover, knowing your personality and the people around you. Once you know the personality of a person better, it is easier to deal with the person. So try this website www.oneishy.com and get to know your personality.

3 comments:

  1. Speaking of personality test ni.. I did it long in 2000. Well I'm a perfect melancholy while Ezam is a Sanguine Choleric (Major choleric, minor Sanguine). Those who are interested can try reading Personality Plus by Florence Littauer. It is a very interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Oshie for dropping by. Will try raeding the book. How is everybody back home?

    ReplyDelete