Sunday 28 June 2009

Bubur Lambuk Wan


Since my mil is here in Birmingham, I will be posting her recipes. One of our favourites is bubur lambuk. Made this modified version of bubur lambuk for breakfast on Saturday before leaving for St. Mary's carboot sale in Harborne with Mak and Bak while others (the kids and their Papa) were still asleep.


Ingredients:

1 can of tuna in brine
1/2 cup of anchovies
1/2 cup small prawns or dried shrimps-optional
1/2 Holland onion-sliced thinly
1 cup of santan
3 cups of rice
9 cups of water
1/2 packet of fresh British baby spinach
turmeric leaves
kesum leaves
1 tbs black pepper
salt

Methods:
1. Boil rice in water for 20-30 minutes then add onion, blended tuna and anchovies, black pepper, coconut milk.
2. Add spinach, turmeric leaves, kesum leaves and salt to taste before serving. Garnish with fried shallots.




After two months, my kesum has grown quite a bit (despite being plucked so many times for my asam pedas). This shot was taken by Bak just before I plucked the leaves for the bubur lambuk. From 1 vase I managed to grow them into 3 vases already. Currently I am also growing coriander, tomatoes, chives and pumpkins. Jalal's mum taught me how to grow coriander since I am an avid user of coriander leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment