Thursday 25 June 2009

EBV Meeting, Brighton

Attended the Europen EBV (Epstein-Barr Virus) Meeting at University of Sussex Medical School in Brighton, South England with 8 other lab members including Paul, my supervisor. Stayed for nights with my Sri Lankan buddy, Zumla as my room mate at The Lanes Hotel right infront of the pebbly beach. The weather was lovely with loads of sunshine. The 2 day meeting was attended from delegates from all over UK and Europe. The talks were very good. Well at least I managed to understand more things about molecular pathology as compared to when I first came 1 and a half year ago. Hehe...Took some shots unfortunately the camera batteries went flat.

On the way back by 1 pm Southern Train to London, stopped over at Oxford Circus station to meet Aunty R, her daughter inlaw, I and daughter Z. Went shopping at Bond Street while waiting for my 7.23 pm Virgin Train to Birm. In and out of Bally, Cartier, Ferragamo, Chanel, LV, Burberry, Mulberry, Gucci and a lot more. Had a nice time though touching all the expensive handbags, shoes etc and then putting them back on the shelves after looking at the price tag, 750 pound for a hand bag? Gulp!! Fof God's sake, I can buy 750 handbags at carboot..haha but not from the same brand lah....who cares? Being a half choleric and half sanguine, handbags and shoes are not my priority. I am the type who sticks to only one handbag and 1 pair of shoes and will only buy another one if the current ones are torn by wear and tear. I hardly use handbags since living in the UK anyway. Shoes?? My Clarks boots are comfie enough, hopefully it will last till the end of my PhD if not longer. Why waste money right, when you have 7 mouths to feed?

1 comment:

  1. Yup, in UK esp London (naik trains and tubes n buses) you don't use handbag much.. me, i just use my GBP5 sling bag (was 75% off) and my half price Clarks trainers to go around.. hehehe.. but I'm sure before I go back teringin nak merasa satu nice one as a gift for myself after all the hard work..

    ReplyDelete