Sunday 6 February 2011

Chicken Cheese Tagine



Tried this many months ago but have forgotten to take the photos. Anyway I have to put in in here so that I won't forget this delicious recipe in future. Again thanks to Afaf for this awesome Libyan recipe.

Baked this again today 6th May 2011. Gave one dish to my dearest Msian neighbour. Finally got the photos today.

Ingredients:
1 whole chicken- I cut it into 4
4 large potatoes-diced into 1/2 inch size
spring onion (daun bawang) or Holland onions- chopped
parsley- chopped
1 cup ceddar cheese
1 cup lavashkari cheese or whatever soft cheese you wish
1 tbs coriander powder
1 tbs karwiya (rupa dia cam jintan manis serbuk)
1 tbs dried/ fresh ginger
1 tbs tomato paste/ puree
1/2 tsp turmeric
4 garlic- finely chopped or crushed
salt
4-5 eggs
2 tbs bread crumbs

Methods:
1. Cut the whole chicken into 4 and boil in water and salt.
2. Once chicken is cooked, separate the flesh from the bone and cut them into 1/2 inch cubes.
3. Fry diced potatoes and place them on the kitchen towel to absorb the adhering oil.
4. Mix the diced chicken, fried diced potatoes with all the spices, spring onion, parsley, tomato paste, salt and cheese together. Save some ceddar cheese for topping. Taste this mixture to make sure you have added enough salt. I also added some white pepper.
5. Place the mixture into a baking dish.
6. Beat 4 eggs lightly with 2 tbs of breadcrumbs and pour onto the chicken potato mix.
7. Sprinkle with ceddar cheese and bake for 40 min or so. Dip in the cake tester stick, once the eggs are not sticking anymore, means the dish is cooked.

My kids ate this tagine with chilli sauce, typical Asian taste buds.

3 comments:

  1. Delicious! I'm putting this one in my collection too. Chilli sauce on top does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tasted this, its delicious. I will be cooking this for my lunch tomorrow. Mitz

    ReplyDelete
  3. will becooking this for iftar again and again, kids love them.

    ReplyDelete