Sunday 22 February 2009

Meeting a celebrity, guess who?

Got a text message from someone at 10.39 am this morning asking whether I still want to have the book 'Travelog Haji' by Muhd Kamil Ibrahim. I only noticed the text at 1.30 pm before taking my shower and quickly replied, yes indeed I still want the book and gave her my address. Alhamdulillah she was already in Birm and promised to drop by after spending a day out with her fantastic four at Tink Tank Millenium.

At 4.30 pm, my door bell rang, there she stood with her 4 beautiful kids. Alhamdulillah, this is the moment I have been waiting for, to meet the author of pause to reflect in person, Miss or Mrs D. She is such a lovely person, warm, beautiful and cheerful. Thank you Khalil and Ida for getting my mobile no from my brother in Egham and passed it to D.


D stayed till almost 7 pm, I hurriedly cooked laksa johor and prepared some rice as well. By the time they arrived, everything was ready on the dining table.



D and me, can't help but recalling the moment when I first bump into her blog in Sept 2007 before we flew to Britain, when her Mr D was terminally ill. Everytime I read her blog, tears will be dwelling in my eyes. Alhamdulillah, glad to see that she is well composed now and in the acceptance phase.


5 comments:

  1. WOW! Mama!! You actually brought over a celebrity at ur house!??!?! WOW!!! COOL!!! I wish I did that before!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This celebrity is gonna be a great famous author one day, insyallah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rina, try reading her blog www.pausetoreflect.blogspot.com

    her english is superb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mama pun english power...hpy bday to Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mama's english lagi power..Happy Birthday Mama from all of us in SJ.

    ReplyDelete