Monday 3 August 2009

Guests from Plymouth, UK

Sunday 2nd August 2009, 9.50 am, when I was about to perform Solat Dhuha, suddenly felt like having a peep at my handphone, in case I had missed any incoming text messages or any missed calls. True enough, one message was waiting to be answered, it was from a good old friend from Sains Raub Secondary School, a shy but intelligent boy who used to sit behind me in the class for 2 years, in 4 Science 1 and 5 Science 1. The guy who I used to compete in exams. We used to take turns to be the first in class, if i were the first, he would be the second and vice versa. The guy I meant is Azlisham, so many girls had a crush on him, I wonder if he is aware about this fact or not.

The message said 'Asm, r u free today? We are in Manchester now & if u r around may visit u circa noon time or a time that suits u & family. Azlisham, Semesra 87'.

I replied, 'Drop by for lunch, we'll be around'.

So at 1.30 pm, the 6 of them arrived, Azli, his wife and 4 kids. Azli looked the same as before, a bit of weight gain though. The same old shy guy but much more talkative now. His funny chuckle remains. His kids look more like his wife, hardly any Pakistan features of Azli.

Had prepared briyani rice with lamb kuzi and fried tandoori chicken. Alhamdulillah Azli and wife makan bertambah, sedap la kot...Makan sambil borak till almost 4 pm.

Guess my lamb kuzi is the most simple version, just dump everything in the pressure cooker and after 20 min it's ready. Will post the recipe later specially for my good old friend in the faraway land, Farina.


Azli, Ros and their 4 kids with my family and mother in law.



Time to go back to Plymouth. Wished they could a spend a night here.




2 comments:

  1. eh Azlisham got pakistan blood ke kisahnya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, his mum is Pakistani married to a Malay.Dia tak pernah cerita kan?

    ReplyDelete